‘Xzavier Day’ was an important event!
Xzavier Davis-Bilbo received a Citation from the State of Wisconsin and a Proclamation from the Mayor of Milwaukee.
We picked up a few extra Facebook friends and possible future advocates in the ‘Don’t text 4 X’ campaign.
The fundraiser after event expenses was hardly worth the effort it took but that is not why Spokeswoman Valetta Bradford hosts this event every year on or near the anniversary of her son’s serious injuries. Valetta says she never wants anything like this to happen to another child. She understands how important her son is in this fight to stop the senseless injuries and fatalities linked to distracted driving. I believe the Story of X is the most powerful tool we have at this time to give drivers pause before continuing on in a determined course of distracted driving and we both put an emphasis on the texting aspect,
These pictures of X blew me away. This photograph was taken of Xzavier during Mayor Tom Barrett’s address;
A picture says a thousand words and the expression on Xzavier’s face shows he is wise beyond his nine years of age.
Valetta and Xzavier’s next event is another community outreach on October 25th. Click this link below for details;
So a quick recap on things with this family;
- the wheelchair lift is still inoperable
- the van the lift is on finally went kapoot (Valetta says she still drove it on errands when Xzavier’s nurse was on duty)
- this means this mother and son duo have had to resort to public transportation
- taking public transportation cuts down on how many drivers they can take their campaign to
- the funds raised during the event didn’t cover all the expenses of hosting the event
- that means this event was an out of pocket expense for this single mom and advocate working to keep you safer
- Valetta and X will still carry on this campaign because one day the support will come
- It’s just meant to be, I know it, Xzavier Davis-Bilbo is important
- this Lady down in Texas will continue to volunteer for The X-Man Foundation (I do it because I want all of you safe)
- It is a struggle to keep this campaign alive at the end of the day after everyone goes home
- Xzavier remains paralyzed and dependent upon a strict health regimen and a respirator to keep him alive
- Valetta still has to run her household and provide extensive nursing care to her son
- Xzavier has to continue to be a good sport about all of this and he continues to do his very best, he offers his best to us
- It’s about time someone out there will offer their best to Xzavier.
Two days after ‘Xzavier Day’ our new Facebook friend Cindy gave Xzavier the most wonderful gift!
Valetta tells me the new X-Box requires the internet to operate it and she doesn’t have a connection. She runs The X-Man Foundation from her phone. It doesn’t require an internet connection, so if anyone out there knows how to bypass the need for this extra expense so Xzavier can begin playing the 15 games Cindy gave X to go along with the new X-Box, we sure would appreciate it.
Thank you Cindy for giving your very best. I’m so happy for him. He has had to swallow so much disappointment in his short life. This event shored him up to continue on in his fight. His mom does her best to make every single day ‘Xzavier Day’ and the best day she can possibly make for her young son and she also has to worry about where the money is going to come from.
Click here to donate to the ‘Don’t text 4 X’ campaign. 100% of your donations go to the campaign with no overhead. The X-Man Foundation is staffed with volunteers. When you promote this campaign you save lives and you validate the efforts this mother and son duo bring to every driver they can. ‘Don’t text for X’.